No more Christendom Media? We hardly knew you!
Christendom Media is now the Recon Tavern. A place where thinkers, pastors, and theologians can advance the aims of Christian reconstruction to the glory of God and to the edification of His people through their writing.
Why the change?
While we continue to be very much in favor of “Christendom”, we think it important that the specific concepts of Christian Reconstruction be advanced.
- An eschatology of victory in the present age where the nations are transformed towards obedience to Christ through the Gospel.
- An ethic of fealty to biblical law as laid out in all of scripture and as applied to all facets of life, including the general equity of biblical case law applied to civil government.
- An anchoring of our ethics as it relates to God’s covenantal union with His covenant people under old and new covenants, and with creation.
- A commitment to submit our minds to the authority of Holy Scripture as the word of God in all areas of life.
- A recognition of the sovereignty of God in his saving work through Christ and over the redemption of all creation.
There are a variety of opinions on what to do with the “brand” of Christian Reconstruction and how it has historically been manifested for better or for worse. Past and present, there are those who have done and said what is right under the banner of Christian Reconstruction, there are those who have done and said what is wrong under the banner of Christian Reconstruction.
But the reality of Christian reconstruction is inescapable, and so there are those of us who realize the “label” should not be abandoned.
As Rushdoony said,
There is always some kind of reconstruction movement underway as men of one faith or another seek to reorder society in the world in terms of their faith. The only question is, whom do we want reordering, reconstructing the world? Christ or the enemies of Christ?
We live in a culture consumed by the love of death. It works to reorder all things in terms of its death wish. It refuses to execute murderers, but it kills unborn babies by the millions. We are in the midst of a worldwide reconstruction movement which seeks to reorder all things in terms of its will to death.
So onward we go.
Though writing, and the renewal of our minds are only one facet of reconstruction which must be accompanied by other faithful activities, it is nonetheless important. And though the world dives further into folly and the church at times seems either feckless or complicit, we have a calling. Christ is both our Lord and Savior and it is our glorious privilege to serve him.
Welcome, to the Recon Tavern. Over the coming weeks, we will continue phasing our website and social presence over to this new space. For our launch we will also be releasing introductory articles on each of the five tenets of Christian Reconstruction.
So pull up a stool, tab is open.